Under the umbrella of the International Business Group, Meijburg & Co’s Russia/CEE (Central & Eastern Europe) Country Desk provides, in close collaboration with local KPMG offices, tax advice to businesses and individuals with cross-border interests, investments or activities. The professionals on this Country Desk have specific knowledge of and experience with this ‘frontier’, and are thus uniquely placed to efficiently and expertly assist you with tax matters. The team regularly visits the countries covered by the Country Desk and not only contacts local clients and colleagues directly about new legislation, but also about social and political developments.
The strength of the Russia/CEE Desk lies in the good contacts it has in all these countries, which enables the team to respond quickly to both requests from clients and local amendments of the law.
The core activities of the Country Desk mainly consist of providing advice on:
- starting and structuring business activities in or from Russia/CEE;
- cross-border mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and restructuring;
- cross-border financing;
- real estate investment in or from Russia/CEE;
- types of legal forms (including joint ventures and partnerships);
- intercompany services and the supply of goods (transfer pricing);
- setting up a European head office or service center in the Netherlands or in Russia/CEE;
- the amendment of legislation and case law in Russia/CEE and the implications of this for Dutch investors;
- secondment of staff to and from Russia/CEE;
- cross-border option and pension plans;
- emigration from and immigration to Russia/CEE; and
- the provision and exchange of information between the countries.
The close collaboration between the professionals of Meijburg & Co and KPMG Russia/CEE ensures that the knowledge and expertise of both organizations is used to its best advantage and this contributes to the right choices being made in applying regulations of the countries involved. If necessary, tax advice can be coordinated to take account of non-tax fields, such as legal and administrative services.