Meijburg & Co’s U.S. Desk works closely with the tax professionals of KPMG U.S. to provide tax advice to businesses and private individuals engaged in cross-border shareholdings, investments, or operations. The professionals who work for this country desk are the top experts in their fields, and can offer you efficient, professional advice on all tax-related issues.
The country desk’s principal advisory activities focus on issues such as:
- starting up and structuring entrepreneurial activities in or from the U.S.
- cross-border acquisitions, mergers, reorganizations, and restructurings
- cross-border financing
- investing in real estate in or from the U.S.
- the choice of legal forms (including partnerships and joint ventures)
- intercompany services and the supply of goods (transfer pricing)
- setting up a European head office or service center in the Netherlands
- developments in U.S. statutory and case law that affect Dutch investors
- seconding staff to or from the U.S.
- cross-border stock option and pension plans
- emigration to, or immigration from, the U.S.
- exchange of information between the Dutch Revenue and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service
We can also advise you on such topics as Dutch and U.S. corporate income tax, VAT, customs and excise tax, payroll tax, personal income tax, social security, withholding taxes, inheritance tax, and local and state taxes in the U.S. The close cooperation between our professionals and those of KPMG U.S. guarantees optimal use of the knowledge and expertise of these two firms, and well-coordinated advice regarding Dutch and U.S. legislation. If you wish, we can coordinate consultancy services relating to non-tax-related issues, such as legal and accounting services.
Our clients can also engage the services of our Tax Centers of Excellence. Dutch tax consultants work at the Netherlands Tax Center of Excellence in New York. These consultants can provide immediate Dutch tax advice in U.S. time zones, in the U.S. itself. KPMG LLP’s U.S. tax consultants work at the U.S. Tax Center of Excellence in Amsterdam. They advise multinational companies in Europe on aspects of U.S. tax law.
These Tax Centers are part of KPMG’s network of Tax Centers,which are strategically positioned, geographically oriented, and headed by experienced international tax consultants. Their goal is to provide international tax consultancy services to clients with operations in the world’s most important business centers, and to assist them in conducting their enterprises as effectively and efficiently as possible around the globe.