On September 21, 2017 KPMG and KPMG Meijburg & Co –in cooperation with the Irish Netherlands Business Association -organized the seminar ‘The Implications of Brexit on Dutch and Irish Businesses’. Many clients and relations came to hear a number of interesting speakers, who gave their insights into the latest developments on Brexit and the economic threats, but also opportunities for the Netherlands and Ireland.
The macro-economic impact was discussed, as well as the position of the Dutch and Irish government and of companies that do business with the United Kingdom.
The speakers and panelists participating at the seminar were:
- Robert van der Jagt, Chairman of KPMG’s EU Tax Centre;
- Julie Sinnamon, CEO of Enterprise Ireland;
- Guido Landheer, Deputy Director General, Foreign Economic Relations, Department of Foreign Affairs of The Netherlands;
- Rory Montgomery, Second Secretary General and Director General, Department of Foreign Affairs, Ireland;
- Dr. Gordon Campbell, President INBA, Advisor to the Board and former CEO of SPAR International.
- H.E. Ambassador Kevin Kelly, Ambassador of Ireland to the Netherlands
On the occasion of this seminar a booklet entitled Small countries, big consequences: The Implications of Brexit for Dutch and Irish Businesses was produced. To download this publication click here.