The EU VAT rules for e-commerce will change as of July 1, 2021. This will have a major impact on online sellers, marketplace operators, logistics service providers and payment service providers. Did you know that as of July 1, 2021:
- Online sellers will by default have to register for VAT in other EU Member States for B2C sales to those EU Member States, unless the One Stop Shop simplification is applied on time.
- Marketplace operators will have to collect and remit the VAT for certain B2C sales made by EU and/or non-EU online sellers.
- Logistics service providers will be subject to new import schemes and may have to collect and remit the VAT for imports of B2C sales into the EU.
- Payment service providers will be subject to new exchange of information obligations and may be required to share e-commerce payment information with national tax authorities in the EU (as of January 1, 2024).
We are pleased to invite you to our EU VAT e-commerce practical workshop on March 18, 2021 and to our EU VAT e-commerce update workshop on April 15, 2021. These workshops follow on from our two-part VAT webinar held on November 12 and December 10 last year. Using a case study the practical workshop will show you what the rules mean for you in practice and what you can do as a business to implement these changes. The update workshop will update you on the latest status of implementation by the EU Member States, as we expect that by then the EU Member States will have clarified practical matters such as lodging One Stop Shop registration forms.
Agenda practical workshop March 18, 2021
- Case study of online sales scenarios to show you what the rules mean in practice and what online sellers, marketplaces and logistics service providers can do to implement these rules. We will discuss the impact on VAT registration requirements, who will fund the VAT, the logistics and customs clearance process and the customer experience.
- Roadmap to July 1, 2021
Agenda update workshop April 15, 2021
- Short recap of the practical workshop on March 18, 2021
- Helicopter view of the status of the implementation by EU Member States
- Highlights of practical topics such as the One Stop Shop registration form
- Updated roadmap to July 1, 20J21
March 18, 2021 (workshop 1) and April 15, 2021 (workshop 2)
Time: 3:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.CET
Registration closes on the day of each session (March 18, 2021 and April 15, 2021). We will use Microsoft Teams to host our workshops. After registering for this event via the registration link, you will receive details on how to log in. The workshops will be held in English.
In the meantime
Please take a look at our dedicated website for more information on this topic or contact Max, Andy or Lennert by e-mail or telephone to brainstorm about the impact for you.
We look forward to your participation in our workshops.