The “DNA” of Meijburg & Co
Taxation is an everyday phenomenon. Tax affects everybody, whether corporate income tax, personal income tax, VAT, customs duties or other taxes. The Dutch Revenue's slogan is “We cannot make it more fun, but we can make it simpler”. Tax legislation nevertheless remains very complex and, without the correct tax advice, you could be paying too much tax or encounter difficulties in dealing with the authorities and other stakeholders. It is also possible that you are not fully benefiting from savings opportunities. That is why it is important to have a committed tax advisor to provide you with high-quality advice. By engaging that kind of advisor from Meijburg & Co, taxation could even start to become fun!
The key values of Meijburg & Co - Code of Conduct
A number of key values are incorporated in Meijburg & Co’s DNA and corporate culture. The following core values define our DNA and form the basis for our actions and are therefore established in the Meijburg & Co - Code of Conduct:
- We lead by example - at all levels acting in a way that exemplifies what we expect of each other and our clients. We act lawfully and with integrity and expect the same from our people, our clients, tax authorities and other parties with whom we interact.
- We work together - bringing out the best in each other and creating strong and successful working relationships with our clients and with the tax authorities. We support a relationship with tax authorities based upon mutual trust and respect, which will enable constructive dialogue and responsiveness by all parties, in order to fulfil our responsibilities to our clients.
- We respect the individual - respecting people for who they are and for their knowledge, skills and experience as individuals and team members.
- We seek the facts and provide insight - challenging assumptions, pursuing facts, and strengthening our reputation as trusted and objective business advisers. We maintain objectivity by seeking the facts and providing insight, consistent with our professional duties, in providing tax services to our clients.
- We are open and honest in our communication - sharing information, insight, and advice frequently and constructively and managing tough situations with courage and candor.
- We are committed to our communities - acting as responsible corporate citizens and broadening our skills, experience, and perspectives through work in our communities. We provide tax advice to our clients to allow them to pursue their commercial objectives, respecting the needs of our people and the communities in which we operate.
- Above all, we act with integrity - constantly striving to uphold the highest professional standards, provide sound advice, and rigorously maintain our independence.
What does Meijburg & Co have to offer?
Our clients value our integrity and commitment. That is secured in both our work method and our business culture. Because every company is different and each tax issue requires a specific approach, Meijburg & Co always provides made-to-measure advice. And since service is all about people and good chemistry is the start of a successful relationship, we select a team that best suits our client. Our advisors are proactive and client driven, and are top tax experts. Meijburg & Co is an active participant in domestic and international government networks, employers' associations, universities and professional bodies; we stay up to date and participate in developments in our areas of expertise. We are guided by facts and provide reliable and objective top-quality tax advice. We assume responsibility for the quality of our services, providing true value for money.
Control of the tax position
We offer a large number of standardized services, which are supported by IT-applications. These will enable you or your company to meet your tax obligations, and can be used to define where your risks and savings opportunities lie. We offer products and applications on the subject of tax control frameworks, mergers and acquisitions, payroll tax, VAT, customs, transfer pricing, international assignment of staff, and estate planning. The applications vary from quick scans and data analysis tools to financial models and interactive management tools, and can easily be incorporated in a risk management environment, such as a tax control framework.