Meijburg & Co’s Africa Desk provides, in close collaboration with local KPMG offices in various African countries, tax advice to companies and individuals with cross-border interests, investments or activities. The professionals on this Country Desk are uniquely placed to efficiently and expertly assist you with tax matters.
The core activities of the Country Desk mainly consist of providing advice on:
- starting and structuring business activities in or from Africa
- cross-border mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and restructuring
- cross-border financing
- types of legal forms (including joint ventures and partnerships)
- intercompany services and the supply of goods (transfer pricing)
- the amendment of legislation and case law in Africa and the implications of this for Dutch investors
- secondment of staff to and from Africa
- cross-border option and pension plans
- emigration from and immigration to Africa
The provision of advice also covers Dutch and African corporate income tax, VAT, customs, payroll tax and personal income tax, social security, withholding taxes, inheritance tax and local African taxes. The close collaboration between the professionals of Meijburg & Co and KPMG offices in Africa ensures that the knowledge and expertise of both organizations is used to its best advantage and this contributes to the right choices being made in applying regulations of both countries. If necessary, tax advice can be coordinated to take account of non-tax fields, such as legal and administrative services.