Meijburg & Co’s Denmark Desk works closely with the tax professionals of KPMG Denmark to provide tax advice to businesses and private individuals engaged in cross-border shareholdings, investments, or operations. The professionals who work for this country desk are the top experts in their fields, and can offer you efficient, professional advice on all tax-related issues.
The country desk’s principal advisory activities focus on issues such as:
- starting up and structuring entrepreneurial activities in or from Denmark
- cross-border acquisitions, mergers, reorganizations, and restructurings
- cross-border financing
- investing in real estate in or from Denmark
- the choice of legal forms (including partnerships and joint ventures)
- intercompany services and the supply of goods (transfer pricing)
- setting up a European head office or service center in the Netherlands
- developments in Danish statutory and case law that affect Dutch investors
- seconding staff to or from Denmark
- cross-border stock option and pension plans
- emigration to, or immigration from, Denmark
- exchange of information between the Dutch Revenue and the Danish Ministry of Finance
We can also advise you on such topics as Dutch and Danish corporate income tax, VAT, customs and excise tax, payroll tax, personal income tax, social security, withholding taxes, inheritance tax, and local taxes in Denmark. The close cooperation between our professionals and those of KPMG Denmark guarantees optimal use of the knowledge and expertise of these two firms, and well-coordinated advice regarding Dutch and Danish legislation. If you wish, we can coordinate consultancy services relating to non-tax-related issues, such as legal and accounting services.