Meijburg & Co’s Iceland Country Desk focuses on Dutch businesses that wish to invest in Iceland and on Icelandic businesses that wish to make foreign investments. To this end, we work closely with KPMG in Iceland.
Our specialists are regularly in Iceland to visit clients, to speak at seminars and to maintain contact with the tax advisors of KPMG Iceland. They also have specific knowledge of and are well-versed in Icelandic tax and legislation, so that they can efficiently and expertly assist you.
Our core activities mainly consist of providing advice on:
- starting and structuring business activities in or from Iceland
- setting up a European head office or service center in the Netherlands
- cross-border mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and restructuring
- cross-border financing
- Icelandic currency rules
- real estate investment in or from Iceland
- intercompany services and the supply of goods (transfer pricing)
- secondment of staff to and from Iceland
The provision of advice also covers Dutch and Icelandic corporate income tax, VAT, customs, payroll tax and personal income tax, social security, withholding taxes, inheritance tax and local taxes. The close collaboration between the professionals of Meijburg & Co and KPMG Iceland helps ensure that the right choices are made in applying the legislation of both countries. If necessary, tax advice can be coordinated to take account of non-tax fields, such as legal and administrative services.