Within the umbrella High Growth Markets Group, Meijburg & Co’s India Desk works closely with the tax professionals of KPMG India to provide tax advice tobusinesses and private individuals engaged in cross-border shareholdings, investments, or operations. The professionals who work for this country desk are the top experts in their fields, and can offer you efficient, professional advice on all tax-related issues.
The country desk’s principal advisory activities focus on issues such as:
- starting up and structuring (or restructuring) entrepreneurial activities in or from India
- cross-border acquisitions, mergers, and reorganizations
- cross-border financing
- investing in real estate in or from India
- the choice of legal forms (including partnerships and joint ventures)
- intercompany services and the supply of goods (transfer pricing)
- setting up a European head quarters or service center in the Netherlands
- setting up equipment- and content-lease structures with India
- developments in Indian statutory and case law that affect Dutch investors
- seconding staff to or from India
- cross-border stock option and pension plans
- emigration to, or immigration from, India
- exchange of information between the Dutch Revenue and the Indian Department of Revenue
Our advice covers such topics as Dutch and Indian corporate income tax, VAT, customs and excise tax, payroll tax, personal income tax, social security, withholding taxes, inheritance tax, and local and state/territorial taxes in India. The close cooperation between our professionals and those of KPMG India guarantees optimal use of the knowledge and expertise of these two firms, and well-coordinated advice regarding Dutch and Indian legislation. If you wish, we can also coordinate consultancy services relating to non-tax-related issues, such as legal and accounting services.