Every purchaser and supplier of goods or services has to deal with value added tax (VAT). VAT on the regular purchase and sale of goods and services generally runs smoothly and does not require extensive expert advice. This is not the case, however, when one of the numerous extraordinary and exceptional situations provided for in VAT legislation arises. It is these situations that often trigger VAT audits.
How can Meijburg & Co assist you?
Our VAT department comprises some 45 specialists who can answer your questions, give feedback on developments within your organization, and proactively approach changes in statutory or case law that can impact your company. Our services include:
- handling general VAT planning, for both domestic and cross-border transactions
- advising on different market segments, such as the real estate, non-profit, software, leasing, and financial services
- advising on complex transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions, and the restructuring of operations
- handling litigation, both in domestic courts and in proceedings before the European Court of Justice
- providing support during tax audits
- negotiating with the Dutch Revenue
- issuing second opinions
- performing due diligence reviews
- assisting with compliance work
How will you benefit?
Given the complexity of current case law that governs the field, VAT questions are often complicated. Consulting a Meijburg & Co VAT specialist ensures that your question is subjected to a clear and careful analysis, and that you receive the best possible advice on how to deal with the issue at hand. This maximizes your opportunities to save, and can help you avoid not only risks and costs, but delays in your business processes. We strive to provide you with the most workable and efficient solutions.
Why choose Meijburg & Co?
Our VAT professionals limit their practice exclusively to VAT issues. This full-time devotion to their field, and the number of professionals we have, ensures an unmatched level of knowledge and experience concerning VAT-related matters. This is the best guarantee of thorough and efficient advisory services. Moreover, our excellent working relationship with our VAT colleagues in KPMG offices around the world also aids us in rendering our superior-quality advice to international clients.