Other indirect taxes

trein met snelheid

Aside from insurance premium tax, VAT and customs and excise, we are also here to help with other indirect taxes.

Motor vehicle and motorcycle taxes

As the possessor of a motor vehicle in the Netherlands, you have a number of specific taxes to deal with. You probably already pay income tax, but in addition, you are supposed to pay a further contribution if you possess a motor vehicle and use the road network. The taxes that apply here are the private motor vehicle and motorcycle tax [BPM] and the motor vehicle tax.

Consumption tax

Consumption tax must be paid for bringing fruit and vegetable juices, lemonade or mineral water to market in the Netherlands.  The production of these goods must therefore always take place in a designated facility. When such goods are imported from abroad, a consumption tax return must be filed.

Need advice?

Contact our specialist Bart-Jan Kalshoven.

© 2023 Meijburg & Co is a partnership of limited liability companies under Dutch law, is registered in the Trade Register under number 53753348
and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee.
All rights reserved.