Doing business internationally often involves complex challenges. Not only do international markets present challenges in terms of choosing new business locations and relocating employees, but also in the area of tax law. Meijburg & Co’s specialists are here to help you with the latter.
Meijburg & Co has designated country/regional desks for both Dutch and international companies. We have dedicated professionals specialised in the relevant markets, per country, continent or region. We bring you in contact with in-situ KPMG specialists, who have in-depth knowledge of local markets and their specific legal and tax regimes. In this way, conducting international business becomes much easier for you. Similarly, we offer support to foreign companies when they wish to establish themselves or expand in the Netherlands.
You can depend on us for tax advice in a number of areas. This could be extremely useful if you are planning to do business internationally. Do you have a business or are you a private individual with cross-border interests, investments or activities? In that case, our experts are here to help you with Dutch and international taxes, including the following:
- Corporate income tax
- Wage and personal income tax
- National and employed persons’ insurance schemes
- Withholding tax
- Inheritance tax
- Local levies
Our country/regional desks work closely with local KPMG firms in the countries of your choice. We have detailed knowledge of and years of experience with international issues. As a result, we are able to provide expert tax assistance if you are going to conduct business internationally. Our core activities consist of advisory services in respect of the following:
- Commencing and structuring business activities in or from the country in question.
- Cross-border acquisitions, mergers, reorganisations and restructurings.
- Cross-border financing.
- Investment in real estate in or from the country of your choice.
- The choice of legal forms (including joint ventures).
- Intercompany services and goods delivery (transfer pricing).
- The establishment of European headquarters or a service centre in the Netherlands.
- Changes in legislation and case law with consequences for Dutch investors.
- The assignment of staff to or from the country of your choice.
- Cross-border share option and pension schemes.
- Emigration to or from the country in question.
- Information provision and exchange between countries.
Naturally, we are glad to provide you with advice and support regarding tax. In so doing, we ensure that you can make the right decisions where the application of both countries’ rules is concerned. But our international business services go further than that. If required, we can coordinate our advisory activities to non-tax areas. These could concern legal and administrative services for instance. In this way, you are assured that these aspects of your business also run smoothly.
We are here to help you
Do you wish to open a branch of your business abroad? Or do you need assistance with a cross-border merger or acquisition? Our International Markets Team consists of various multidisciplinary country/regional desks. In this way, each country/region has its own specialists and you are assured of expert advice. We and our in-situ colleagues are here to relieve you of your tax concerns. Once you’ve called us in, you can return your focus to other aspects of your international business.