A wide range of tax and legal aspects are involved in mergers and acquisitions. Even though taxes may not be the first to spring to mind, it is important to optimise the structure of such transactions. This can save you from paying a lot of tax. That is why our transaction specialists are here to assist you with structuring such projects.
Refinancing and IPOs
We are here to help ensure that your transaction runs smoothly. Not only do we have vast experience with mergers and acquisitions, but we can also help with refinancing and flotations. It doesn’t matter whether these take place in the Netherlands or abroad. Thanks to our close international cooperation with KPMG colleagues in 144 countries, we can guide your restructuring in the most efficient way possible. We will contribute ideas and assist throughout the entire process. In addition, we will alert you to the opportunities and risks to avoid unnecessarily high costs.
Meijburg & Co can assist you with these services
What exactly can we do for you in the area of structuring? From a tax and legal perspective, we are happy to support you with aspects including the following:
- The transaction’s acquisition structure.
- The transaction’s financing structure.
- Assistance during the transaction negotiations.
- Implementation of a management participation plan.
- The 100-day plan following closure, to ensure implementation of all project action points.
- The integration of business operations following the transaction.
- Assessment of transaction documentation: a tax and legal opinion of acquisition agreements, financing documentation and other transaction documents.
Legal assistance from Meijburg Legal
Taxes are an important part of any transaction, such as a merger or acquisition. The legal aspects also deserve your attention. In structuring, we therefore work together intensively with the civil-law notaries and their teams at Meijburg Legal. They are here to take the necessary legal steps, such as:
- Incorporation of private limited companies.
- Legal mergers and divisions of entities.
- Migration of entities to and from the Netherlands.
- Drafting of legal documentation.
Need advice on structuring?
Do you want to know where your tax and legal opportunities and risks lie in relation to mergers and acquisitions? Or are you involved in a refinancing, and do you require assistance with the negotiations? Meijburg & Co’s specialists are here to help you with tax and legal advice on structuring your mergers and acquisitions. We deal with this on a daily basis. So we can identify exactly, for instance, on which points you can save costs. We would be happy to share our thoughts on any structuring issues you might have.